Stanford MBA Africa popularly known as the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program is an initiative from the Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) aimed at providing Stanford Africa MBA Scholarship for African students. However, there are other Stanford MBA Scholarships for International Students that also offers great opportunity to students in other eligible countries around the world to study and explore the beauty of Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program
The Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program is committed to paying over US$170,000 for tuition and associated fees for students of African countries with dire financial need who wish to obtain an MBA at Stanford Graduate School of Business. Stanford will award roughly six Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship annually. Stanford Graduate School of Business Admissions will waive application fee for those who are applying and make less than US$20,000.
Within two years of graduation from Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship required that the students return to Africa to work professionally for not less than two years in a role that contributes positively to the continent’s growth and development; therefore, Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship graduates must live and work in Africa for not less than two years by the time they are four years out of the Stanford MBA Program.
Applicants must demonstrate strong ties to Africa, including the following:
- Applicant must be a citizen of an African country. Dual citizens are eligible for the fellowship as long as you hold citizenship in an African nation.
- Applicant must have completed, or be in the final year of completing, his/her university studies. If you studied at an undergraduate or graduate institution in Africa, we especially encourage you to consider applying for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program. African citizens who studied in countries outside of Africa are also eligible for the fellowship.
Applicants are required to follow this process to be considered for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship.
- You must apply to the Stanford MBA Program in either Round 1 or Round 2.
- We cannot consider you for the fellowship in Round 3. If you have already been admitted to the Stanford Graduate School of Business and have deferred enrollment
- You must apply to the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship the year prior to your enrollment.
For more details and to apply, click here.